So apparently blogging over the past almost six months was not be part of my journey from here to me. I have missed it and have thought about it often; but training and chatting and working and life kept moving this down my list, but I really need it back in my life.
Quick catch up –
– I still have not had a cigarette – March 18th will be one year
– I am still running, well now that the monster blisters from the Half have healed
– I have a 5K race scheduled for next Saturday and several more after that, with my next Half being in either May or June.
– I have met a lot of amazing women along this journey
– My daughter ran with me and that was probably the most exciting thing about the PHM
Now that I have the first of my restarted blog posts up, I am going to commit to no less than five a week. Not sure who might still be reading or if anyone is interested, but it will certainly help me.
A few lessons learned along the way (way more than a few were learned, just sharing a few for now) –
– NEVER get a full pedicure a few days before a race. Yep, learned that lesson the hard way
– Allow yourself room to not succeed the first time, unless the zombie apocalypse is upon us, tomorrow is another day.
– Meet new people in this “solo” sport of running. I really enjoy my time with just me and the road, but the people I have met along the way have really kept me going. Some mornings these folks were the only reason I laced up to run.
I am going to continue this blog, I am not sure where my days will take me, so I will add the disclaimer that I included in my first entry…”Does a blog really have to be one thing? Does it always have to be funny or serious or witty or intellectual? I do not think so, I do not think that any of us are any of those things ALL of the time. So why would a blog be just one thing all the time?”
If anyone is still out there, thanks for reading.