First, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This is my favorite holiday because I get to be with my family with only the expectation to eat, and laugh, and love. We have so much fun! I will miss my extended family this year, but with just my immediate family alone a good comedy writer could come up with a sitcom.
I have not posted a daily “thankful” post online at all but today I do want to say a few of the things I am thankful for, because there are many, and it is important to reconcile them on occasion.
I am thankful for –
1. My family – they cost me money, they make me think, I feel so much love for them, they make me cry, but most importantly they make me laugh and keep me real.
2. The women in my life – I have so many amazing women in my life, women that are amazing and women that help me remember that not everyone can be trusted. But mostly amazing women, women that inspired me to write this post (and I have a few more to add to this).
3. My health – a little over a year ago I would not have been able to say this.
4. My ability to run and workout – After being so unhealthy for so long, to have run two half-marathons, with three more scheduled, to go to boot camp several times a week, feels amazing! I am certainly thankful to be able to do these things.
5. The amazing people I have met through running – the encouragement from those far better than me, and the kinship of those pushing through the same odds as me are invaluable in their ability to inspire. If you do not run, you should start, the people are kind and amazing.
6. My relationship with my father – my mother passed this past spring, I have learned more about my father in that time than in the past 49 years. He still gets mad at me, which hasn’t changed since I was a teen. I will miss my mom as long as I am on this planet.
7. My job – and the people there that have taught me so much.
8. The OPP – I will not say any more about this one :).
9. Old Friends – those who remind me to be kind, those who remind to visit, those who remind that I will be there for them and they for me NO MATTER WHAT.
I wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Enjoy everything around you and be aware of all of the things you have to be thankful for every day.