I found out today that someone I have run with in the past has cheated in several races. It really disturbs me that someone would do this.
My journey to get healthy through running, exercise, and better eating has been pock-marked with successes and failures, I could never imagine cheating myself out of this journey. I think the thing that bothers me the most is this person, much like me, does not look like your “typical” runner. When you struggle with your own demons and add in what others think of you it can be hard to keep going sometimes. To have someone soil that with cheating is distressing.
I know this person does not represent me, yet I cannot stop being angry about it; the cheating was deep too, over at least three races. Just to get people to think you are running and to get medals!? If someone puts a medal around my neck you better believe I earned it! Earned it with every painstaking mile, squat, and push-up.
Do not cheat yourself out of your accomplishments. The way you live your life is up to you and you should not be ashamed of who you are. If you do not want to run, don’t; if you want to eat fast food, eat it; if you want to smoke, then smoke. But do not pretend to be something you are not.
There are too many people in this world who cannot do the things that I am able to do; people who are ill, or depressed, or otherwise unable. To soil you ability with cheating is just wrong.
I had to get this out here so I can stop thinking about it and move on; thanks for reading my rant.
I love this!
First, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This is my favorite holiday because I get to be with my family with only the expectation to eat, and laugh, and love. We have so much fun! I will miss my extended family this year, but with just my immediate family alone a good comedy writer could come up with a sitcom.
I have not posted a daily “thankful” post online at all but today I do want to say a few of the things I am thankful for, because there are many, and it is important to reconcile them on occasion.
I am thankful for –
1. My family – they cost me money, they make me think, I feel so much love for them, they make me cry, but most importantly they make me laugh and keep me real.
2. The women in my life – I have so many amazing women in my life, women that are amazing and women that help me remember that not everyone can be trusted. But mostly amazing women, women that inspired me to write this post (and I have a few more to add to this).
3. My health – a little over a year ago I would not have been able to say this.
4. My ability to run and workout – After being so unhealthy for so long, to have run two half-marathons, with three more scheduled, to go to boot camp several times a week, feels amazing! I am certainly thankful to be able to do these things.
5. The amazing people I have met through running – the encouragement from those far better than me, and the kinship of those pushing through the same odds as me are invaluable in their ability to inspire. If you do not run, you should start, the people are kind and amazing.
6. My relationship with my father – my mother passed this past spring, I have learned more about my father in that time than in the past 49 years. He still gets mad at me, which hasn’t changed since I was a teen. I will miss my mom as long as I am on this planet.
7. My job – and the people there that have taught me so much.
8. The OPP – I will not say any more about this one :).
9. Old Friends – those who remind me to be kind, those who remind to visit, those who remind that I will be there for them and they for me NO MATTER WHAT.
I wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Enjoy everything around you and be aware of all of the things you have to be thankful for every day.
I have not blogged about working out or eating in at least a few days. Still on track in case anyone is wondering :). I have found myself stumbling on beautiful things on the web and I just cannot help but share them.
Today, in particular I needed a little human kindness and beauty in my life, I found it in this video, so I am sharing it with all of you.
I want to do this right now! How fantastic is this?